Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I'm on my way, takin' my time, but I don't know where

Well I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm goin'
I'm on my way, takin' my time, but I don't know where

("Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard", Paul Simon)

That's the ear worm of the day. We call it "Hitch Itch". Or "Tumbleweed Fever". I was thinking I'd stay here at least until April 1. Maybe longer. I do have a list of things I could be accomplishing. However, there is no arguing with Tumbleweed Fever. Today the wind picked up a lot, so I rolled up my awning. While I was there, I cleaned up the patio area, put a few things away, enjoying the sunshine, stirred by the wind, organized things in the bins, organized the compartment... before I knew it the patio area was pretty much packed.

Then I fiddled with how things need to ride, and where - I've had stuff in the drivers seat and on the windshield - and now oh gee, the motorhome is 80% packed. Which means even with a leisurely tweaking fest tomorrow, I will be driving away in a day or two.

Where am I going? Certainly NOT to the Home Driveway up in Virginia where my van awaits me.



It's waiting under 5 inches of snow.



And no, because I'd have to have the van first, I'm not going to either of the events this weekend that I would dearly love to attend.

I let work know I'm available, so they may call and give me a destination. I've been looking around on Ultimate Campgrounds for ideas. Someplace still warm, someplace pretty, someplace profitable, or at least inexpensive...

Wherever the wind blows....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.