Pages

Friday, April 04, 2014

Today's Yard: Whitewater Creek Park

After nearly 3 months of peace and quiet at Stagger Lee Music Park, I went off to work last Sunday, spending the next 4 days in the supermarket parking lot.  When not used to it, I remember how noisy modern civilization is.  People.  Emergency vehicles.  Traffic noise. 
And traffic vibration.  I could actually feel the floor, and the earth, vibrate from it, through my feet.
I've been working in supermarkets and staying in their lots for a lot of years, so I'm mostly used to it, but it's never my idea of choice accommodations.  Give me trees, water, quiet - please!
So right after work, on the recommendation of a local friend, I came here for the weekend.  Whitewater Creek Park is a county park right by Whitewater State Park.  Trees, lake, quiet...  Much better now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Your observations are so spot on. Give me the quiet wood anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.