Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

That time of the decade.

I looked down and found this little guy sitting on my knee.  Sue says they're the 17 year variety.  Last time I was where an outbreak of cicadas, I was going for the first time to the same event I'm heading for this week.
The first time I met up with cicadas, I was building a book case for my new to me house in Berkeley Springs WV.  On the porch with my belt sander, I could call them to me.  Apparently, they thought my belt sander was a big beautiful cicada of the attractive gender.
That same year, I read that some enterprising young hoodlum brandished a deadly cicada in a convenience store robbery.
I've never had one come sit on my lap like a cat before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.