Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Little Green Frogs Like My Motorhome.

Last week I drove up to Virginia from my South Carolina daughter's place. I stopped at the Kangaroo truck stop for gas and sleep. (It's the first easy gas stop I come to after bypassing all the expensive North Carolina stations.) I got my gas, then parked for the night. As I turned the ignition off, I saw movement to the left and looked: a little green frog was scooting across my side mirror!

Actually, there were two of them. After I'd taken pictures of them, I relocated them to the grassy field behind the truck stop, where I hope they will go do what frogs do and not be run over by 18-wheelers.


So I got to the Home Driveway on Thursday and parked. I settled in, did 2 days worth of cleaning, working, visiting, what-not, and last night I was sitting in my comfy nest which is the passenger seat turned to face the living room - and saw yet another little green frog on my window! Since I'm parked someplace safe and green, I'm sure he will figure it out and disembark on his own - I haven't seen him this morning.

I don't know whether they came up from Georgia with me, or got on board in South Carolina, or whether they came on at my North Carolina friend's house - but they're Virginia frogs now.

1 comment:

  1. I have those too. They are barking frogs if they are the same kind. Loud noises can cause them to bark. I think they are kind of funny & am always relocating them off my RV too. I took my RV in for an exhaust leak repair. Then I heard the frog bark, it was somewhere in the engine area. I told the guy to be careful because I had a hitch hiker (they pee in your hands when you handle them, so be sure to wash your hands - otherwise, I guess they are harmless)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.