Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Canoe trip, critters, lights... bits and pieces left from pre-Eastern Rendezvous posts.



Sometimes at lunchtime, especially if it's a night set or a new store, a bunch of us will get together and have lunch in the parking lot. This time, we were joined by a few critters.


I'd always seen GREEN praying mantids. This one was brown. Sue said it was probably a Carolina Mantid.
( Note: now that she's seen it, she says no, it's either an American or Chinese Mantid. )

I went back to the Chesapeake Campground to have some more of the available fun - a friend joined me for a trip up the Dismal Swamp canal. We rented a canoe from the campground. It was a beautiful day for it.



I have always wanted lights for my awning. Kroger had some on clearance that I liked, so now I have a set. They make systems to hang your lights from the channel on the awning but I didn't have any so I made my own. I used bone hairpipe (beads) and hemp from my jewelry making supplies. The hairpipe fit in the channel perfectly, and the loops of hemp held the lights up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.