Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Gastonia's a great place to send me to work, because one of my kids lives nearby. She and I went to the Schiele Museum of Natural History to see their special exhibit, Buffalo Nation, about the people of the Plains.









They made me homesick - it's been about 4 years since my tipi wore out. This well appointed lodge is furnished inside with replica gear by Linda Holley.




Linda, whom I know from Rendezvous, is also responsible for the horse gear.













It's really hard to take pictures in a museum because you can't use a flash. Flash isn't good for artifacts, plus it reflects off display cases. And I can't hold still enough long enough for the slow exposure required for without one. So these are the best of the pictures - the rest were too blurry to post.


It did make me want to take a few months off from work to do some beadwork and quillwork and tanning - things I haven't done in quite a while but sure did enjoy when I did them.



But, I have this addiction to paychecks, and I have a darn cool job, so I'll keep on messing around with groceries and see what's down the next road.











These buffalo (bison) calves are 8 weeks old.






I've posted several posts today, playing catch-up, so keep reading, all the way down through Brookgreen Again.

May there be a Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.