Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Springing Forward

As I prepare to spring forward from here, I take this moment to review. March and April. The sleepy brown world waking to yellow - and purple - and green. Here in Georgia, the sun is shining. Birds are singing. Snakes are slithering (only when I don't have my camera handy). I'm winning the battle of the swamp. The water level is down to where the dock is just above water

and the hill can be reached without wading. I have seen the beavers' house - but that's the next post. Here, I give you Spring in Georgia.


Why did the beaver cross the road? He had work to do downstream.

They block the culverts

I clear them, they block them again.

And again.

Good to look up sometimes.

Spring blooms Purple

And

Yellow.

Tonight's Yard (March 28)

View from the Hill

Water flowing in spite of the Main Dam.

Beavers dig mud off the bank and use it to build dams and block culverts.

Sometimes you're not sure which way is up.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet those beavers can create such havoc at times. It's beautiful there though.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.