Pages

Saturday, February 03, 2007

This week we were at Kings Mountain, NC.


One would think, then, that I went to Kings Mountain State Park. Actually, that is just across the border into South Carolina.


Where I went to go hiking was Crowder's Mountain State Park.

There are lots and lots of hiking trails there, and backpacking campsites - no I was not tempted - it was very very cold that week.


Once upon a time, the land this park was on was a World War I artillery range. If you find a piece of ordnance laying around (very rare, actually), don't touch it, leave the area, tell a ranger. On the other hand, if you find my right glove, which I dropped along the lake trail, email me!









It's black, part suede, part knit. When I realized I'd dropped it I retraced my steps and hiked the lake trail a second time - to no avail. The funny part is that when I stopped in at headquarters to see if someone had found it, someone had turned in a black glove. Not mine, though. What are the odds, at the end of January?






















1 comment:

  1. I live near there and try to hike, walk, jog...never run...Crowder's Mtn at least once a week...it's tough...the lake is a beauty tho...and it's rarely crowded.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.