Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

The next week we worked in Carolina Beach. I was all excited: there's a history site and an aquarium and of course the beach itself, and a state park. I drove down Lake Park Blvd. until I found out how it got it's name.

I parked the motorhome and walked around the park, enjoying the sun, the spring-like day, and the freedom from pain my recent visit to the podiatrist had brought. I stopped to watch the diving ducks - now here's a challenge. Watch the video and count the ducks.

(No I haven't done it, so I won't know if you got it right.)

I drank from an endangered species: a working public water fountain.



So many places no longer have them at all, or they are there but in disrepair. I detoured across the road to visit the beach.



I ate lunch at lakeside.


Then I returned to the store to nap before work. And got the flu. So much for visiting the aquarium and all that - it will be there when I get back in a week or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.