Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Just north of the North Carolina line, along the Northwest River, lies Northwest River Park, courtesy of the town of Chesapeake, VA.



The park has shady parking lots, spacious picnic areas, lots of hiking trails, a campground, and a lake with canoes and paddle boats for rent. Also an equestrian area which, being horseless, I did not investigate.




I camped in the campground while we were setting the Food Lion across the border in Moyock, NC.












I finally got my canoe fix! (If you're a regular reader, you know I tend to find water, and it generally makes me want to go canoing.)














I hiked from the Fragrance Garden by the visitors center/office to the Northwest River, and back the other way.



I'm sure the fragrance garden was more fragrant in the spring.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.