Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ever make a frizzen stall?
What's that, you ask? (It's a cover for the frizzen on a flintlock rifle.)

I went to visit my friends Henry and Debora after I finished work in Roanoke this week. Like me, they do the 18th century reenactment thing.


Henry, proprietor of Fort Vause Outfitters, has just produced a DVD teaching basic leatherworking. I got a private showing while I was there, and it was very very good. He discusses tools and leather basics, and leads the viewer through making a frizzen stall and a colonial wallet.

The DVD is available from Panther Primitives, at this link:

PANTHER PRIMITIVES CHRISTMAS CATALOG


Roanoke

is known as the Star City of the South -









It's got this star
up on Mill Mountain
shining its light
all year round.
I've hiked around up there
and seen it up close.















It's a 100' star, probably the largest there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.