Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bathroom = Bottomless To-Do List

I got the new faucet installed in the bathroom, fixed the light switch, replaced some cabinet hardware - then noticed the medicine cabinet was tilted: hanging by ONE screw. More chores.
I thought it might be an opportunity to get a nicer cabinet.
I went online - would you believe you can spend $784.99 on a medicine cabinet??? Not in MY lunch money!
Lowe's, on the other hand, is much more reasonable. I went there to look in person. The one I like is $50, a 3-door 24x24 oak-finished one - but it's a little bit heavier than the one I want to get rid of. I'm going to think about it some. And check the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. And the weekend's yard sales.
There's a really good chance I'll sand the rusty shelves in the old one, paint it, and put it up with wall anchors. Would you believe, it was NOT put up with wall anchors - just screws, right into the paneling - which has no studs behind it. I'm amazed it was still up there. It is a motor home, after all. Bouncing down the roads on a regular basis.
At least, everything ELSE in there is in working order now.

1 comment:

  1. it is a wonder if was still on the wall if you were putting things in it. I'd ask Santa Claus for the oak one and fix the one you got. We've all been there.

    Catching up on your blogs and wishing you lot's of fun this fall. LadyJ

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.