Pages

Sunday, June 08, 2008

My New Roof!

I HAVE A ROOF!!!

View of My New Roof
It's all covered with new plywood, some new framing, new rubber, new caulk, and a bit of a warrantee. In other words, the rest of the motorhome should wear out before I need to do that again.
Where the patch and I did battle
Here is the upper left corner that gave me so much trouble, when I did battle with the over-sized patch.
No more saggy patches where the antenna used to be.
Here is where the big patches were where the antenna was removed - and the DC-powered vent fan which replaces the AC-powered air conditioner. The air conditioner works fine, but only when plugged into shore power - which happens so rarely in my travels. If you want to buy a good used a/c and you are in the Virginia area, contact me.

Vast Expanse of White Rubber Roof
I know I've posted prettier pictures aesthetically than this expanse of white - but to me right now, it's georgeous.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    WOW!!! You're right, the expanse of white does look georgeous. Hopefully we'll see you on the road. Merri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, such a simple looking thing can mean so much. All is well then,

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.