Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Serendipity at the Flying J

It was a very long workday at the end of a week of long days. No way could I reach my planned weekend parking - at my daughter's, near next week's job - at a reasonable hour. I talked with her when I pulled into Flying J. She was staying up waiting for me. I said, "Go to bed. I'll stop over here and drive the rest of the way in the morning." Then I pulled up to the gas pump. Just then a Winnebago finished fueling and went to park. 'Nice rig,' I thought. 'Looks like my friends' rig. Hey, I KNOW that dog!'
Yes, it was my friends, with their big dog riding shotgun. They do the same work I do, but on another team. Their set had finished similarly late and we could not have timed it better on purpose. A delicious dinner in good company was a delightful way to wrap up the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.