Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Today's Yard: New home

A friend emailed me several months ago that he was moving out west and would I like to have his tipi poles?  Of course I would.  So, since I was in Georgia and the poles were in Virginia, I asked Sue to pick them up.  Which she did.  In a monsoon.
Meanwhile, I ordered a tipi to go on the poles.  It arrived in Virginia last month.  I didn't.  I recorded music in South Carolina, visited one of my daughters and her family on my way north, and finally caught up with the lodge yesterday.
It has been about a decade since my eighteen foot tipi died of dry rot after years of hard use and lots of great camps.  This time I got a smaller one.  I figure I camp by myself and I'm older than I was...  so a fourteen foot lodge should be fine.   Less canvas, less poles.
So yesterday after parking the motorhome, I set up the tipi.  Loaded stuff for rendezvous into the van, slept, loaded more Stuff, took the lodge down, loaded it...
Now the motor home goes to the shop for electrical work and I'm going rendezvousing.

It looks so wrinkled.  Yeah.  New canvas is like that.  Give it a camp or two.  The instructions specifically say not to stretch the wrinkles out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stopping by today... did the wrinkles come out..? I know you will have fun with this

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.