Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gypsy vs. Beavers, continued

If you've been reading, you know that my daily routine here starts with undoing whatever the beavers have done the night before, so the water flows downstream instead of into the campground. There are 4 places downstream from the road that they like to block, as well as the road culverts and the main dam. This morning I went to downstream spot # 1 and found an extra surprise.

I don't actually think the beavers did this one. The tree was long dead and riddled with holes for critters to live in, and was uprooted, rather than chewed and felled. Nevertheless, it landed on the little dam and made my morning - er - more interesting.

I'm really glad it was long dead and very dry, or I would not have been able to pitch the pieces aside.
I moved what I could and cleared the dam, but there are still two large chunks of tree in the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but I've had a lot of spam lately. It's all by "Anonymous" so "Anonymous" can't post any more. All comments to this blog are moderated. If you post spam it will do you no good. Comments from my actual readers are welcome and appreciated.